Site Recruitment Tactics – Linking with CTMS
[by: Rick Greenfield]
There are many clinical research sites that have discovered the benefits of web-based advertising for study-specific recruitment, general site branding and database building. Most sites are not linked up with a CTMS to track the effectiveness of individual advertising runs and manage outcomes of every single lead in an organized and productive fashion. There are very specific tools that you will need as a site owner to effectively recruit like “the big boys do.” Here is the list:
- A knowledgeable employee, contractor or agency that can manage: Hootsuite, Facebook, Google AdWords, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, Craigslist, Google Plus, Instagram, mass media ad placement, etc.
- A knowledgeable employee, contractor or agency who has the ability to create professional-looking flyers, web ads, print ads, and other recruitment materials
- An adequate number of phone screeners to handle incoming leads from the web and other incoming communique
- RealTime-CTMS with website integration enabled
- An attractive website that attracts clicks to a study listing page powered by RealTime-CTMS
This may seem like a lot, but even smaller sites effectively acquire and manage these resources to fit their size and recruitment bandwidth. Most small sites start with a single Recruitment Manager who has the education and experience to handle most or all of the human skills needed above. The other tools are easily attainable and highly affordable, especially when considering the increased revenue and cost-savings that they provide.
So why is RealTime so critical to this equation? Because no other CTMS tracks recruitment as effectively and efficiently as RealTime-CTMS. RealTime’s tracking includes not only complete website integration and management of each and every lead that is generated by an ad, but also total ad effectiveness tracking down to a cost per enrollee and cost per randomization. While some other CTMS systems claim to manage recruitment processes within their system, these recruitment features are not nearly as robust and are rarely used by their clients. In order to get site users to adopt an electronic recruitment tracking method, the electronic system should add value to the users overall workload and allow for superior time-management through a simple interface and streamlined workflow processes. RealTime’s interface and workflow processes were developed by site personnel with direct site experience and a track record for successful site recruitment at the highest level.
Here are the workflows that RealTime Sites use to maximize their recruitment efficiency:
1. Web Ad -> Link to Site Website Ad -> Website Applications from Interested Subjects -> Lead Generation Directly into RealTime-CTMS -> Notifications sent to designated staff and CTMS users -> Subject Recruitment Status Tracking -> Ad Results Tracking and Reporting
2. Branded Mass Media Ad -> Subject Website Search or Organic Search -> Website application from interested subject -> Lead populated directly in RealTime-CTMS -> Tracking of subject recruitment status and ad effectiveness continued as above.
3. Phone Call from any ad -> Recruitment Personnel or CRC Ad new lead into RealTime-CTMS -> Tracking of subject recruitment status and ad effectiveness continued as above.
To learn more about the RealTime Process or the full capabilities or RealTime-CTMS, visit their website at RealTime-CTMS.com or call their specialists at (210) 852-4310. RealTime can not only provide the most powerful CTMS on the market, but also the training needed to manage your site to a higher level.